Thursday, November 3, 2011

Going Home- Birthday Joy - I Will

I Like to Dance! Are you ready? Yeah!
A few days ago, my BFF from childhood celebrated a Birthday at a local night club here in the "Chi" and it was truly "Old Home Day." BFF and I were super close through high school and we remain close. She is my Sister from another Mother.

When I got the text that she was having a party in a night club I thought it was a joke. Really I did, because BFF is not the clubbing kind at all. I would be hard pressed to remember the last time we went out to a club together, if ever. Eventho' I'm no longer the party animal I once was; I had to go just to see it for myself.

Plus, I LOVE Birthdays!!! "Two most important days in your life are: the day you were born, and the day when you find out why." - Mark Twain

The two most important days in my life, were the day my Daughter was born and the day she gave birth to her son- Ultimate Joy! I know now this is why I was born.

The day you were born impresses me as the only real holiday in ones life. The one true celebration of life should be the celebration of your life, for without your life does any other day matter?

In New Orleans every reason and none were justification to put on a pot of something, crank up the tunes and pour out a lil' liquor. OK who am I kidding, a lot of liquor. Did I say every reason and no reason in NOLA we party? Death is reason to celebrate where I'm from. "Second Lines" would assemble at the church and dance your soul to the hereafter. Never mind the after party.

Want to see what a Second Line is? Click here This is the best way to celebrate a life in death.

But until my birthdays end, I want to party a little bit every day. I think everyone should bust a lil" shuffle everyday just like the tune below which plays every time a get a text or voicemail on my cell phone.

Put on some socks, go in the kitchen and shuffle baby.

Party Rock Click here Oooooooooo that's my jam!

If not to that one then...everybody on the floor and represent for the "dirty south" Cupid Shuffle or walk it by yo'self! I do!

As I walked into the club for BFF's Birthday bash the cupid shuffle was playing, I think it is always playing and almost immediately I was whisked away to the dance floor in my spiky slingback pumps. Joy! and Pain.

There were friends at the party I have not seen in years and thought I might never see again - Joy! We took a few pictures and reminisced about the good ol' days. It was good to see everyone and shake a tail feather.

I did not let the excuse of being tired or not wanting to get dressed stop me from going and I am so happy I went. It reminded me to keep dancing on the Joy list and get out a bit more. Until the next night out I can party a lil' bit everyday!

I will "bust a move" even if just in my car "dance driving", and be grateful for every birthday I get to share, mine or others.

I will have more Joy! I will, until I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment