Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tweets and Treats

When watching a Friday night web cast of @Oprah "Life Class" I was compelled to comment during the show. 

In order to comment you had to have a Face book or Twitter account. I have never had a Face book page and I could not remember the Twitter log in I set up last year where I started to follow 2 celebs and 2 family members and sent a whopping 4 tweets.

Since I needed one of them to comment during the @Oprah web cast, I reactivated my Twitter account and am now following 91 twitter accounts and sent over 100 tweets.

I am loving "the twitter" as I jokingly tell my daughter and she laughs and says it not " the twitter", it's just Twitter. I know that but I like the way "the twitter" sounds and because it irks her a little. She says saying it that way makes me sound old. I'm cool with that. She said not just old but real old, still cool with that.

Being connected to the "Twitter Sphere", is like plugging into the "Matrix". Once you swallow the blue pill, it's a whole new perspective.

Much like my take on the intended outcome of the "Life Class" sessions with @Oprah, a whole new perspective can be a life changing event. I really enJoyed watching the series and learned that I too know something for sure and also believe that love of self and others is the best, well truly, the only way to create more Joy in your life.

We all want love, we all want validation, we all want to be heard and accepted. @Oprah she just plain gets it and gives it well!

Now with that accolade for sister @Oprah I must confess. I have issues with the institution of “mega rich celebrity” and the …. Well let me just say I have issues and am working at keeping my posts as breezy and free of the finger pointing demon that is being abated by following @thedalailama. Amen.

My favorite Life Class was the one with the famous movie producer that gained a whole new perspective of everything after an accident.

His story is an amazing one on how life can change, when you change how you look at life. If you are not aware of the story. Check out the documentary "I AM" Click here

Having your "eyes" opened to a new way of thinking or doing is very profound and can be overwhelming. It can also makes thing easier, simpler and thoughts or ideas clearer.

A 160 character limit per tweet forces simplicity in though or at least comment of thought. I love this!

I am all for the "less is more" frame of thought. Tweeting is such a treat in a smorgasbord of information and social minutia.

Thank you @Oprah for being the driving force for me connecting to "the twitter"! It has changed me.

A bit of dialog from an old perspective -

Cousin -

OMG I’m addicted to twitter. I sleep with my phone.

Me -

" I will never join the twitter!" ~  I said this just a few short "old perspectives" ago.

HA! Never say never because you can always change the way you look at things.

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~ Wayne Dyer

If you do not know him- you should first watch more PBS and second Click below.
Dr Wayne Dyer - The Power of Intention Click here

I called it manifestation before I knew "The Power of Intention". A powerful perspective. I encourage you to look at Dr. Dyer's work. It was a treat for me to learn from him. Oh Wow! I wonder if he is on the twitter.

Now that would be a treat if he tweeted.

Everyday is a new opportunity to gain a new perspective. Life is a class. It helps to show up, take notes, and get rest and study. Oh and if you want to comment - get a twitter account! @soulfullbites

A little Tweet for you! enJoy!
Best Friend by Tweet ft. Bilal Click here Dedicate to my BFF.

Before "the twitter" Tweet was my favorite Tweet!

Next a Treat! Oh my so sweet!

Tank - Please Don't Go Click here Dedicated to my BFF.


Tweet!

Tweet - Call Me Click here

Treat!

I am always asked to make this; I hope you find it sweet and simple!


Peach Cobbler -The Best Recipe!


Ingredients

1 large bag fresh frozen sliced unsweetened peaches (thawed)
1 cup white sugar
1cup light brown sugar
2 tbs real vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 box rolled pie crust (2 inside box)
1/4 cup corn starch



Prep

Pre heat oven to 375.

In large deep skillet melt butter on low heat.

Add all ingredients except crust into skillet and stir while cooking over med heat for 10 min to blend all ingredients evenly.

Grease 9x12 baking dish.

Pour peach mixture into greased pan.

Use 1 roll of pie crust for dumplings for inside cobbler.  Pinch quarter size dumpling off rolled crust and place dumplings across peaches, push down under peach with finger.

Cover pan with second crust by unrolling across pan. Pinch crust around pan and place slit in middle of crust for venting.




Cook Time

Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until crust lightly browned. Fresh peaches will be more firm than can peaches even after baking. If you want softer peaches cook 15 minutes in skillet before baking.

Pic



Sent with a "K.I.S.S - Keep It Sweet and Simple!

EnJoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you we are all on the twitter haha. Glad u put up a new post. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete