Sunday, October 23, 2011

My First Post "Who am I? Why blog? Why now?

This blog will be about life, joy, food, raising children and grandchildren, love, sex and music with a focus on food, family and music. An uplifting blog filled with reflections and focus on the best things in life all to better appreciate and create better life experiences.

The posts will not be from the perspective of an expert, but more of a "sharing my experiences" journal with the hope of helping me and others to be more reflective of life in effort to receive greater joy moments.

I thought about starting a blog four years ago. I was not working and online all the time looking for work. I also did surveys for cash, products and discounts on stuff. The surveys were a great way to keep me online with easy cash, deodorant and coupons flowing into my mailbox and inbox. There were some great companies four years ago offering this kind of work. On average I earned $25.00 cash per week with very little effort. Not to mention the other benefits of free products and discounts on everything from travel to movie passes. A little online research was all it took for me to get started. I am not doing the online work currently as my life, time and circumstances have changed. Online surveys can also be very time consuming to be of any value.

 Fortunately I found work and made some life changes so the blog never happened until now.

Ah now... it is the last line of a great song from the best band ever.

The song truly captures why I am blogging and what my hope is for this new aspect of my life.

Truth Hits Everybody - The Police Click Here

Truth Hits Everybody by The Police

Sleep lay behind me like a broken ocean
Strange waking dreams before my eyes unfold
You lay there sleeping like an open doorway
I stepped outside myself and felt so cold
Take a look at my new toy
It'll blow your head in two, oh boy

Truth hits everybody, truth hits everyone
Truth hits everybody, truth hits everyone
Truth hits everybody, truth hits everyone

I thought about it and my dream was broken
I clutch at images like dying breath
And I don't want to make a fuss about it
The only certain thing in life is death
Take a look at my new toy
It'll blow your head in two, oh boy
Truth hits everybody, truth hits everyone
Truth hits everybody, truth hits everyone
Truth hits everybody, truth hits everyone

Where you want to be, won't you ever see?
......... Ah now.

Music is poetry to me. You will see a lot of music referenced in my posts. Yes, I will also share recipes for some good ol' soul food to eat and for thought.

In search of greater truth about me, my life and what I want for myself now, I will be writing and sharing my thoughts on love. Love of music, family and food with the hopes of helping anyone and myself along the way to the next joy moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment